We need to tell the world about these huge turbines that might be built near 302 homes on our beautiful mountain. And we need to do it now! The PSC is holding an evidentiary hearing 9/11/19 and will be making its decision within 2 months after that. So you need to take action NOW!
This is what you can do:
- Tell everyone you know about this website.
- Send a protest letter to the PSC. Note Case # 19-0483-E-CS Click here to for the link to submit your protest letter
- Send a letter to the editor of a newspaper. Click here for link to list of editors
- Contact supporting elected officials to ask them to rescind their support. This can work. Senator Randy Smith has rescinded his support!! Click here to see list of elected officials
These are the issues:
- Tallest turbines in the nation, up to 667 ft. The size usually built more than 5 miles off shore.
- 302 homes within 1.25 miles of BRWF. 6 times the homes close to New Creek wind farm.
- Public Service Commission staff recommends that the BRWF application be denied.
- Application made comparisons to nearby wind farms, but they are not comparable. Turbine height and rotor diameter are almost 2 times and rotor sweep is 3 times nearby wind farm turbines.
- Inadequate studies submitted with siting application, Acoustic, Wildlife, Visual.
- Eagle studies incomplete.
- 2 eagle deaths at nearby wind farms this year. These huge turbines will endanger even more eagles.
We need to keep up the fight to STOP BLACK ROCK.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.