Link to Sierra Club protest letter
The analyses included in the application are based upon smaller turbines and faulty comparisons are made to nearby wind farms.
- The Acoustic Sound study that was done is based on the 4.2 MW turbine. But they intend to use a 5.8 MW turbine.
- The Wildlife Risk study makes comparisons to nearby wind farms, but the turbines are not comparable. Black Rock turbines will have a blade impact area more than 3 times larger than nearby wind farms.
- The Visual Impact analysis identifies the area wind farms but fails to emphasize that the Black Rock turbines will be almost double the size.
- Several wildlife surveys are still ongoing or incomplete.
- Two eagle fatalities at nearby wind farms this year were not included in the application.